Property and Facilities Manager, Camp Kadesh, Christopher Lake, SK
Property and Facilities Manager, Camp Kadesh, Christopher Lake, SK (Posted 04/08/21; Closing when filled)
Camp Kadesh is seeking a new member of our team to give leadership to the maintenance and development of our property and facilities. An ideal candidate will have a passion for Christian camp ministry, be a joy filled follower of Jesus, have a clear understanding of the importance of a beautiful and safe property, and have the ability to manage multiple immediate and long-term projects. This person should have a diverse background of technical experience, with confidence and patience to solve problems as they occur.
Reporting to the Camp Director and working in cooperation with the full-time staff, an ideal candidate will be a team player that will help our team to continue to grow Camp Kadesh as one of the best camps in Canada. This position will oversee the maintenance of many buildings that are over 40 years old and now in a process of refurbishing, but also give input and leadership to the future building and development of our property and facilities as we grow.
• Lead preventative and urgent maintenance of all existing property, vehicles and facilities.
• Manage seasonal grounds maintenance (remove and install waterfront, grass, snow blowing etc.)
• Cooperate with directors to maintain all program equipment.
• Management of inventory of maintenance and janitorial supplies
• Training and oversight of seasonal staff janitorial duties (delegated and actual)
• Manage and maintain Class 2 water plant and Class 1 water distribution system.
• Be involved in the strategic planning for development of property and facilities.
• Oversee or direct ongoing development of property and facilities.
• Be willing to participate in the development of young staff on both a skill and personal level.
• Able to prioritize and manage (or delegate) multiple maintenance, construction and janitorial tasks
• Experience crafting and managing significant areas of budget.
• Hold a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 license (or another provincial equivalent)
• Hold a valid Pleasure Craft Operator Card (or be willing to acquire)
• Experience with heavy machinery – specifically skid-steer loader
• Hold (or be willing to acquire) CPR, AED, and First Aid certification
• Ability to do highly physical labour as needed.
• Mature Christian, able to agree with the Camp Kadesh statements of faith and values.
• Agree to the Mission and Purpose of Camp Kadesh.
Note: A candidate with a (SK OCB) Class 2 Water Treatment and Class 1 Water Distribution certificate would be highly desirable, but any candidate would need the ability to take the training towards certification. A Saskatchewan Class 1 drivers license would also be an asset.
Total starting compensation for this position is $40,000 - $50,000. Compensation package includes salary, housing, full utilities, internet, camp provided cell phone with unlimited data and calling and food during most events at camp. (Most meals in May - August and whenever groups are present). Also included is a benefits package and after one year, contributions to a pension plan (5 percent of salary) and starts with three weeks of vacation. Final compensation will be calculated based on total experience, ability and certifications. This salary position is primarily about 35 hour per week in slower seasons, but compensation assumes that prime seasons will require more hours as needed.
About Camp Kadesh:
Mission Statement: Camp Kadesh exists to help people experience the love of Jesus.
Purpose Statement: Camp Kadesh seeks to cultivate transformational relationships, develop Kingdom leaders, and strengthen commitment to the local church.
Camp Kadesh is a year-round facility primarily serving the city of Saskatoon and surrounding area. Located northwest of the town of Christopher Lake SK. Summer camp programming under the name Camp Kadesh, was established in its current location in 1982 after many years of a variety of programming in various locations under the banner of our legal name of Mid Prairie Scripture Mission.
Primary ministries of Camp Kadesh are:
• Summer children & youth camps
• Outdoor recreation programs in Spring, Fall and Winter
• Kadesh sponsored retreats and also rentals for church retreat groups.
Also… it’s pronounced Camp KAY-dish. Just about everyone pronounces it wrong the first time.
For more information please contact Tim Good (Executive Director) at (306) 982-4912 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ideal start date would be May 2021. Exact start date is flexible.
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume with cover letter to Tim’s attention by email
This posting can also be found on our website: https://www.campkadesh.com/