Recruiter/HR Coordinator - Muskoka Woods, Scarborough, ON
Recruiter/HR Coordinator - Muskoka Woods, Scarborough, ON (Posted: 12/30/2019; Closing: 2/16/2020)
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. Located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau, we specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
Position: RECRUITER/HR COORDINATOR
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Employment Status: Full-time
Location: 20 Bamburgh Circle, Scarborough, ON
(please note – this position moves to our Resort in Rosseau, ON during the summer months)
Job Purpose: To participate in the screening, hiring and administrating process to ensure a full compliment of seasonal staff for all business units of Muskoka Woods. To champion the effective recruitment of over 500 seasonal staff.
Key Job Functions:
• Create and manage the recruitment plan in strategy, planning, budget and execution.
• Attend trade shows, churches, conferences and university campuses for promotional purposes.
• Maintain up to date mailing list.
• Follow up with interested applicants by email and phone.
Interview & Hire Seasonal Staff
• Review applications, references and profiles and offer interviews to applicants.
• Conduct interviews in person and online.
• In conjunction with the broader team, hire a full compliment of staff for each season and each business unit.
• Manage contract processes and follow up with all applicants.
• Coordinate and lead weekly staffing team meetings
Related HR Administration
• Manage applications and all employee information in the online HR Database system.
• Administer contracts with accurate start and end dates, salary and time off.
• Create and manage employee files with up to date police checks, phone references, growth rings, staff manual test and other required onboarding forms
• Coordinate summer housing and staff laundry procedures.
• Facilitate additional time off and report summer payroll.
• Coordinate with other departments to provide coverage for seasonal staff time off or sickness including assigning volunteers and alumni volunteers accordingly.
• Assist in managing the volunteer program through communication, contracts, follow up and care.
• Manage summer growth rings process for staff retention.
• Provide assistance by answering questions from applicants and their references.
• Assist Summer Team during staff week in all employment related sessions and administration.
• Train and supervise the summer HR Assistant.
• Participate in “creative care” initiatives for all seasonal staff.
• Lead a small group and participate in one to one mentoring relationships throughout the summer.
• Remain connected to seasonal staff through email, phone calls and texts throughout the year.
• Communicate with the onsite health care team to ensure follow up for any staff injury or illness.
• Participate in weekly L10 meetings.
• Participate in other meetings as needed.
• Participate in corporate events including Town Hall, leadership meetings and annual Retreat.
• Personal and professional development.
• Other requests as outlined by the Director of HR.
Skills and Abilities Required:
• Passion for youth ministry, the camping industry and leadership development
• Personal values that match Muskoka Woods’ Core Values and Core Leaves
• Planning, organizing and administrative skills
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to take initiative
• Ability to work independently and on a team
• Ability to see the big picture and manage a variety of tasks seeing overall outcome
• College Diploma/University degree in related field
• 2 to 3 years of work experience in Human Resources or a related field
• Summer Camp experience is preferred
Essential Functions Required:
• Ability to sit, talk, hear, see and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone.
• Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
• Ability to communicate both written and verbal with guests and staff.
• Able to maintain energy to work 8 to 10 hours a day in the summer months.
*Please note: This position is located in the Toronto office for 10 months of the year and then relocates to our summer camp in Rosseau, Ontario. Room and Board is provided.
*Please note: This position has a 6 day/week work schedule for the summer months. Time in lieu is given after the summer months.
Please forward all cover letters and resumes and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in Muskoka Woods!