Riding Director, Dallas Valley Ranch Camp, Lumsden, SK
Riding Director, Dallas Valley Ranch Camp, Lumsden, SK (Posted: 03/02/21; Closing when filled)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Director
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Riding Director will maintain a safe and effective riding program, which ties in biblical principles and teachings. This person will maintain a comfortable and attractive environment in the stable area.
- The Riding Director is a One Hope Canada approved missionary reporting directly to the Executive Director of Dallas Valley Ranch Camp. This position is expected to work cooperatively with other full time, part time and volunteer workers to meet the needs of all campers and guest groups.
- Riding Instructors, Wranglers, and other contract riding team members report to this position.
- Works with the Program Director to integrate the riding program into the total camp program
- Mature individual seeking to honor God with their life. This includes an active and developing relationship with God. Demonstrates a heart for the Lord.
- Effective communication skills with campers, guest groups, volunteers and staff. Displaying an attitude that honors God.
- Ability to anticipate needs of guest groups and address their needs appropriately.
- Will be self-motivated and have the ability to identify camp priorities.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Must be able to operate equipment required for feeding and cleaning required for care of horse herd.
- Must be capable to maintain the horse herd in fit condition for use.
- Work with the Executive Director in the acquisition and sale of horses and purchase of tack and feed.
- Maintain the stables, riding areas, arenas and fences in a comfortable and attractive condition
- Will maintain tack, horse supplies, and sleigh and wagon for camp program use.
- Keep record of each horse, including purchase, sale, medical needs, treatment, behavior issues and boarding arrangements
- Regularly report condition of equipment and herd health to the Executive Director
- Continue to upgrade skills as required, to provide a quality riding program.
- Horsemanship skills - riding, driving, harness, and trailing
- Basic horse care – trimming, treating minor wounds, de-worming
- Ensure the safety of campers and staff by ensuring that DVRC riding polices and horse management practices are adhered to.
- Responsible to organize, supervise, and evaluate Riding Instructors and Wranglers. Will give recommendations to the Executive Director in hiring riding staff.
- Assign campers to appropriate riding classes and lead the riding staff in offering the DVRC instructional program and trail rides
- Oversee the assignment of horses to campers and guest group riders.
- Teach riding classes with special attention to upper level classes.
- Attend staff meetings and contribute in any way possible
- Be prepared to participate in evening all camp program if called upon.
- Attend evening campfire or chapel program
- Participate in post-season evaluation of riding program and camp facilities
- Expected to help clean between rental groups as needed.
- Be flexible to assist in other duties outside of the riding area as assigned by the Executive Director.
Submit resume to email@example.com