Site and Facilities Manager, Rock Ridge Canyon, Princeton, BC
Site and Facilities Manager, RockRidge Canyon, Princeton, BC (Posted 09/18/2020; Closing when filled)
A little bit about the job …
- Reporting to the Vice President, Property Operations, the Site & Facilities Manager serves at RockRidge Canyon, a year-round Christian conference and retreat facility located in Princeton, British Columbia, owned and operated by Young Life of Canada for the purpose of reaching teenagers with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In a typical year, RockRidge Canyon hosts over a dozen Young Life camps and over 60 rental groups, totaling almost 7,000 guests.
- You are responsible to oversee the operation and maintenance of the physical property, building systems and vehicles. You lead the Site & Facilities staff team, ensure that the RockRidge Canyon site and facilities are maintained to Young Life’s standards of excellence, and set projects and priorities in accordance with Young Life’s master plan for RockRidge Canyon. You have hands-on involvement in day to day site and facilities operations, manage contractors, and oversee all maintenance and capital projects.
- As an ambassador for Young Life, you ensure RockRidge Canyon’s activities promote, enhance, and protect Young Life’s brand, and boost its reputation with relevant constituents, as well as driving broader awareness. You subscribe to Young Life’s Statement of Faith and abide by our Codes of Conduct.
- This is a permanent, full-time position located in Princeton, BC, Canada. The business address and work location are 2000 Willies Ranch Road, Princeton, BC, Canada. Work is performed in English.
For a copy of the full job description, please visit RockRidgeCanyon.com.
A little bit about us …
- RockRidge Canyon is a Young Life of Canada property located in Princeton, BC, Canada. At RockRidge Canyon, teenagers are treated to the resort-quality facilities for which Young Life has become known. Kids can get away from the pressures of everyday life, have fun with friends and their Young Life leaders, and hear the message of God's love in terms they can understand. Young Life camping involves high adventure, lots of fun, great food and excellent speakers. Each year, more than 1,500 kids from across Canada spend a week at RockRidge Canyon, having an experience that many describe as the best of their lives. From September through June, when not hosting Young Life camps, RockRidge Canyon operates as a retreat and conference centre for businesses, churches, and schools.
To learn more about RockRidge Canyon – visit RockRidgeCanyon.com.
Since Young Life of Canada began in 1954, staff and volunteers have been entering the world of teens to share God’s love and the Christian message of hope and love. You will find Young Life leaders wherever kids are found; cheering in the stands at a hockey game, encouraging them in school activities, or hanging out at the nearest coffee shop or skate park. In an increasingly disconnected world, Young Life leaders seek to build authentic relationships and focus on what matters most to teens - fun, adventure and a sense of significance. We strive to create meaningful connections through mentoring relationships between leaders and teens and to create spaces where teens are listened to and where questions of life and faith can be discussed.
To learn more about Young Life – visit younglife.ca.
A little bit about you …
- You have a vibrant and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- You have a Bachelor Engineering, or a technical school diploma, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You have at least TEN years’ general maintenance experience or construction related trade experience, including FIVE years management experience overseeing building and utilities systems and site maintenance.
- Ideally, you have the following certifications necessary for property operations or would be able to obtain them:
- Water/Wastewater Systems – Level 1
- Pool Operator – Level 1 and 2
- General working knowledge of all facets of construction and building trades.
- General knowledge of vehicle maintenance and heavy-duty equipment.
- Working knowledge of building codes, fire and safety regulations and procedures, and WorkSafeBC regulations. WHIMS training would be an asset.
- Experience working with contractors.
- Experience with Commercial Plumbing and Electrical Systems, HVAC, Geothermal Systems.
- Basic computer literacy and keyboarding skills to create reports and use spreadsheets.
- Experience with IT/PBX System / Security Systems would be an asset.
- Standard (Level I) First Aid certification, CPR-C and AED would also be assets.
- You take initiative and are committed to finishing the work at hand in a quality manner. Your solid interpersonal skills allow you to work effectively in a diverse work environment.
- You are an effective verbal communicator and can deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally.
- You are a creative problem solver who is observant, perceptive and detail oriented.
- You demonstrate sound organizational and time management skills and are able to juggle multiple responsibilities.
- All employees of RockRidge Canyon may have unsupervised access to children. Therefore, the successful candidate must provide a current criminal record check.
- A valid class 5 driver’s license or equivalent, and a clean driver’s abstract are conditions of employment.
- Individuals considering employment with RockRidge Canyon must be legally entitled to work in Canada, subscribe to our Statement of Faith and adhere to our Codes of Conduct.
- All employees of RockRidge Canyon must relocate to Princeton, BC and be able to work a flexible schedule according to seasonal operating requirements.
How to Apply
We provide salary commensurate with your education and experience, group benefits, including an RRSP program, and support for professional development. The salary range for this NOC 0714 position starts at $32/hour. On site housing may be available for rent at a very reasonable rate.
Please submit a resume to https://form.jotform.
If you have questions about this posting, please contact Carolyn Mortensen, Vice President, Property Operations, RockRidge Canyon at 250 870 9030, ext. 4105, or at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in working with Young Life of Canada and RockRidge Canyon!