Spring Ropes Staff
Spring Ropes Staff - Muskoka Woods, Scarborough, ON (Posted: 4/30/18; Closing: When filled)
All Ropes Instructors are given the opportunity to instruct guests in a variety of high and low ropes adventure activities, and team-building programs. Staff are trained and certified in adventure programming and are required to run activities for groups of 10 to 20 children at a time. This position interacts directly with kids and teachers to create lifelong memories for guests during their time at Muskoka Woods.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Provide first class instruction to guests according to Muskoka Woods’s service standards
• Ensure the safety of all guests and staff by executing all policy and procedures within the specific activity areas
• Manage groups of 15 – 20 youth in a variety of activities
• Ensure skill development in each area by utilizing the Challenge By Choice philosophy & encouraging character development
• Create opportunities for guests to create connections, develop skills, and have fun.
• Adapt to a schedule that includes working some weekends throughout contract
Customer Service & Support
• Serve our guests by exemplifying the Muskoka Woods standards in full – SDSD (Safety, Detail, Sizzle, Development) and our INSPIRE standards (Invite, Notice, Serve, Participate, Instruct, Reflect, Encourage)
• Provide support to Muskoka Woods by working on grounds maintenance and program area maintenance through work projects
• Attend and participate in team meetings, bible studies, one on one meetings, social events, small group and Cadence
**Please note: Due to the nature of our business, days off and daily schedules vary according to the needs of our customers. All positions are also required to work in other areas including washing dishes, house keeping, grounds keeping and office coverage.
Salary plus room and board
Please note this is an entry level contract position
Skills & Attributes
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a wide variety of people, including staff, guests, & full-time staff members.
• Strong oral communication skills in a teaching/coaching environment
• Interest working with children and youth
• Responsible in a variety of settings
• Confidence in climbing and heights
• Attention to detail
• The ability to take direction from supervisors in a respectful manner.
• Personal values that match Muskoka Woods core values and faith affirmations
• High level of competence and experience in area of instruction
• Formal experience working with youth: involvement in summer camp, afterschool programs, coaching sports, tutoring and/or teaching involvement with, clubs, teams, etc. is an asset.
• Ropes Level 1 or 2 are considered an asset
• Bronze Cross or NLS are considered an asset
• First aid & CPR an asset
• Able to climb and be comfortable with heights
• Lifting and carrying ropes, ladders and equipment up to 10 lbs
• Ability to participate in work projects – lifting and carrying firewood, shoveling snow, moving bins between 10 – 30 lbs
For more information, visit www.muskokawoods.com/jobs