Staff Care - Pastoral Personnel, Joy Bible Camp, Bancroft, ON
Staff Care - Pastoral Personnel, Joy Bible Camp, Bancroft, ON (Posted: 02/07/2020; Closing: when filled)
10-week, paid contract position.
Duration of position: June 1 - September 6, 2020
Major responsibilities be they supervision/planning or everyday duties to be fulfilled:
Including but not limited to the following responsibilities:
● Work on a team with other Staff Care personnel. A Staff Support team is available to provide
guidance and disciplinary support, upon request.
● Attend weekly meetings coordinated by the Staff Support team.
● Attend weekly staff meetings facilitated by the Executive Director.
● Provide direction for the Staff Support team regarding involvement in daily devotions, staff
events, and the Family Camp teen program.
● Live in dorm-style accommodations with the summer staff. You will be enforcing boundaries,
curfews, and reinforcing JOY’s values and expectations etc. with the summer staff.
● The organization, coordination and facilitation of the summer staff programmings such as
staff chapels, daily devotions, staff events, off-site outings, small groups etc.
● Regular one-on-one spiritual mentoring time with junior staff throughout the summer.
● Coordinate with Senior Staff the organization of changeover teams and schedules. Lead a
changeover cleaning team.
● Support summer staff in their departments as needed and directed by the department
● Driving summer staff to town, as needed.
● Providing leadership or assisting other Senior Staff during unexpected events or challenges
(ie. support homesick staff, proper care during illness, driving staff to the hospital, escalating
disciplinary action to Executive Director etc.)
● Family camp: Develop and provide curriculum, devotions, thought-provoking topics of
discussion to guide participants in teen’s ministry (ages 12-17) into a deeper understanding
of the Bible and their own relationship with God.
● Family Camp: Supporting the Children’s Ministry team by participating in child care (ie. Wee
Care evening childcare and Smorg Night child care), if needed.
● Communicate with each camp director and family camp host, to share prayer requests with
and from the summer staff as well as praise reports.
● Setting up and taking down of program elements ie. games, props etc. and assisting in
implementing program events as requested by the Recreational Program staff.
● Facilitating aspects of training during Staff Training week, as directed by Senior Staff.
Applications can be found on our website at www.joycamp.ca. Applications can be found under "leadership". A job description for this position on our website.