Who We Are
What is CCI/Canada?
CCI/Canada belongs to Christian Camping International, which is a world-wide alliance of Christian camping associations in more than thirty countries. We operate as a non-profit, non-denominational organization, helping our members develop effective Christ-centered camp, conference, and retreat ministries.
CCI/Canada represents a growing membership of more than 200 camps and conference centres across Canada. Our camps enrich the lives of an estimated 125,000 children, youth, and families every summer. Our continued vision is to become an indispensable resource for our members.
We are a network of Christian camps, providing a strong offering of exceptional opportunities for children and adults through summer camp programs, conference venues, and retreat experiences. CCI/Canada is our nation's largest Christian camping association.
Our values are to be:
- Christ-like in corporate character
- Scriptureal in core ideology
- Professional in business approach
- Relational in personal dealings
- Prayerful in commitment to purpose
- Creative in operational expression
- Canadian in culture and focus.
The following statement of faith is shared by all CCI organizations worldwide:
We believe in..
- The Holy Scriptures as originally given by God, divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy and the supreme authority in all matter of faith and conduct;
- The triune God -- Father, Son and Holy Spirit;
- The deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His substitutionary atonement for sin, His bodly resurrection and His personal, visible return to earth to reign in righteousness and glory;
- The person of the Holy Spirit and His work of conviction, regeneration and sanctification, who indwells every believer, equipping them with gifts for service and witness;
- The necessity of new birth, in salvation by faith in Jesus Christ alone, and the importance of a life fully committed to the will of God in Christ;
- The church as the one, universal body of Christ who is the Head, called to be God's redeemed people.